One of the best parts about summer is all the picnics and backyard barbecues! A gathering of friends, family and good food is hard to beat. If you’re looking for a simple and delicious recipe to share, look no further. This honey dijon summer garden potato salad is gluten free, paleo and easily vegan. It will work for just about any crowd!
When I’m at a picnic, I am always scouting for dishes with the most vegetables. Often times veggies can be lacking in comparison to creamy pasta salads and decedent deserts. This potato salad is loaded with veggies from your summer garden, including sweet corn, cherry tomatoes, and green beans. Dress this salad in a honey Dijon sauce, and all your veggie loving friends like me will be digging in!
Variations to the Honey Dijon Summer Garden Potato Salad recipe:
- Vegan: Use agave in place of the honey to make this recipe vegan.
- If you can’t find tri-colored baby potatoes, small red potatoes will do just fine.
- Add any fresh herbs to taste. Parsley or dill would be great options.
- The tomatoes in this salad can make it soggy as leftovers. Mix tomatoes only into what you will be serving. Store any extra salad without the tomatoes and mix them in just before serving.
- 3 cups tri-colored baby potatoes, halved or quartered depending on size
- 1½ cups green beans, trimmed and cut to 1 inch
- 1½ cups sweet corn (from 1 large ear, or from frozen)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 TBS Dijon mustard (or to taste)
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 1-2 TBS honey or agave (depending on taste)
- 1 TBS white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ tsp salt and pepper each
- Steam potatoes in a steamer basket for 10-15 minutes, depending on the size of the pieces. They should be fork tender when cooked. Remove from steamer basket and rinse under cold water
- Add green beans to the steamer basket and steam for 2 minutes, remove and rinse under cold water.
- In a small bowl, cook corn in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until hot.
- Mix together vegetables in a large bowl (2 qt or larger).
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients in small bowl.
- Pour dressing over veggies and toss to coat.
I shared this recipe at Healthy Living Link Party, Full Plate Thursday, Weekend Potluck, Sugar and Spice Link up, Plant Based Potluck, Fiesta Fridays, and One Potato, Two Potato with Utterly Scrummy Food and Family-Friends-Food!