These chili & cheddar loaded baked potatoes are a total comfort food classic for me. When ever I make chili, I always make a huge batch so there are plenty of leftovers for other meals. This is my favorite chili recipe, and the recipe I used for the photos. I also love white chili, has anyone ever tried white chili over a potato? I am crazy enough I might just have to try it, and report back!
Often times I microwave bake potatoes to make this a super-fast meal. Baking a potato in the oven takes so long, and when you smother it in chili and cheese, I don’t feel like I’m missing the crispy skins. Have you ever tried slow cooker baked potatoes? I am curious, but have yet to try the technique. This slow-cooker is the one I recently got as a gift and have been loving it. It’s big enough to do anything you can think of! It will come in handy during the holidays when the oven’s to-do list gets longer than mine!
Variations to the Chili & Cheddar Loaded Baked Potatoes recipe:
- Use your favorite chili recipe, or in a pinch, get a can of chili to build these loaded tators!
- If you are particular about having crispy skins on your baked potatoes, you should stick to oven baking them, which will take longer than written in the recipe.
- If you love sweet potatoes, try them in place of russets. I also love purple potatoes, for extra antioxidants!
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 4 cups of your favorite chili
- 1⅓ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- jalapenos, to taste (optional)
- Thoroughly wash potatoes and pierce them all over with a fork. Place on a plate and microwave 8-12 minutes (depending on your microwave), turning a few times during cooking.
- Split potatoes in half and give them a slit down the center of each half for the chili to run into.
- Heat your chili in the microwave. Laddle about ½ cup over each potato half.
- Sprinkle with cheddar (1/3 cup each potato), and top with a dollop of sour cream (2 TBS each). Serve with jalapenos.