So, I might be obsessed with all things buffalo blue cheese, and these buffalo blue cheese cauliflower tacos are no exception!
Recently I made buffalo cauliflower pizza with blue cheese sauce that was outstanding! I decided to try the same idea in tacos, and it is delicious!
Which is your favorite, crunchy or soft shells? I think it depends on the filling you are using. For this recipe, I preferred crunchy shells for their extra texture!
I layered these tacos with the cauliflower on top for presentation. After eating them, I found that I preferred the cauliflower on the bottom. Layer them however you prefer your tacos!
Variations to the Buffalo Blue Cheese Cauliflower Tacos recipe:
- Vegan swap: instead of blue cheese and sour cream, try avocado chunks, or an avocado cashew cream!
- High protein swap: Try using crumbled tempeh in place of the cauliflower if you want more protein! Omnivores can also swap in their protein of choice.
- Try BBQ sauce instead of hot sauce if you don’t like spicy foods. Top with cheddar instead of blue cheese.
- 4 cups small cauliflower florets
- ½ cup hot sauce (such as franks)
- 8 crunchy tacos shells
- 2 cups chopped lettuce
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2-3 oz crumbled blue cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Toss cauliflower with ¼ cup hot sauce. Spread on to a parchment lined baking sheet, and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, stirring half way.
- Toss cauliflower with remaining ¼ cup hot sauce and set aside.
- Cook taco shells according to package directions.
- Inside each cooked shell layer buffalo cauliflower, blue cheese, lettuce, and sour cream.