Disclosure: “I received free samples of Libby’s Fruits & Vegetables mentioned in this post. By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Libby’s Fruits & Vegetables and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.”
Do you ever find yourself in need of a light meal or side dish for a gathering, and you need it in a hurry? I make this quick edamame corn salad with apple cider vinaigrette regularly because it comes together so quickly. It’s also really convenient because the ingredients are easy to keep on hand for those oh-shoot moments when you realize you forgot all about your sister’s cookout!
I enjoy this salad as a light lunch, and it goes over well at cookouts and gatherings because it’s simple and tasty. Being vegan and gluten free, anyone can eat it. I used Libbys corn in my salad and was impressed with how easy and convenient it was to whip up a delicious side in no time!
Variations to the Quick Edamame Corn Salad with Apple Cider Vinaigrette recipe:
- I use Italian seasoning in the dressing to keep things simple. If you have fresh herbs on hand, mince up a variety to mix with the salad.
- If you don’t like the strong flavor of raw onion, you can omit it, mix in onion powder, and/or increase the garlic.
- I love this recipe with apple cider vinegar. You can use white wine vinegar as well, but it won’t be as tangy.
- 12 oz frozen bag shelled edamame, thawed
- 15 oz can Libby's sweet corn, drained
- 15 oz can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1½ cups frozen peas, thawed
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1½ tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp salt and pepper, each
- Mix together all salad ingredients.
- Mix together all vinaigrette ingredients.
- Pour vinaigrette over salad and toss to combine.
- You can serve immediately, or this salad keeps well in the fridge for about 3 days.
This recipe was inspired by Allrecipes. I shared this recipe at Full Plate Thursday, This is How We Roll, Healthy Living Link up, Plant Based Potluck, Weekend Potluck, Sugar and Spice, and Fiesta Friday!
Please Pin if you liked this recipe!