This recipe is simple, and delicious. It makes a really fast and easy side to go with many different types of meals. Picky eaters will even love it!
Whenever I have spaghetti, I always have garlic bread too. My family always served garlic bread with spaghetti growing up, so now I crave the two together!
Fresh garlic is what really makes this difference in this recipe. I use a garlic press to crush the cloves because it makes a finer texture to smear on the bread than mincing does.
Variations to the Simple Homemade Garlic Bread recipe:
- I like to use roasted garlic artisan bread to make this recipe REALLY garlicky. However, any bread will do. French or Italian bread would be my second choice (behind roasted garlic), and I have even made this recipe with sandwich slices in a pinch!
- Sometimes I add grated Parmesan to the top of the slices for an extra yummy punch of flavor!
- Most bread loaves are 16 oz, so double the recipe if you want to use the whole loaf.
- If you use salted butter, omit the salt from the recipe.
- 8 oz or 8 slices roasted garlic artisan bread or french bread
- ¼ cup softened unsalted butter
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a small bowl, combine unsalted butter, parsley, salt, and pressed garlic cloves.
- Smear the garlic butter over the slices of bread.
- Place the slices butter side up on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes if you want a soft slice, or 12-15 minutes for a super crispy slice!
Products I used to make this recipe:
These are affiliate links. If you choose to purchase through these links, I will earn a small commission at no cost to you.
Thank you for sporting Alison’s Allspice!