Today I am sharing my new favorite taco recipe! If you are planning to celebrate Cinco De Mayo tomorrow, you will want to stock up on radishes and sweet corn to make these black bean street tacos with radish corn salsa! They are made with traditional Mexican fare including corn tortillas, simple seasoned black beans, sweet corn, cilantro, and queso fresco. Throw in some seasonal and colorful radishes to the salsa and you’ll have a taco everyone will be talking about!
These seasoned black beans are my go-to base recipe for tacos, and very simple to my black bean tacos with garlic red cabbage slaw. The radish corn salsa is really what takes these tacos over the top! I wasn’t sure that radishes would fit into my taco repetoire, but I love the color and crunch they add. This is my new favorite taco recipe as well as a way to use radishes!
Variations to the Black Bean Street Tacos with Radish Corn Salsa recipe:
- If you get bored eating black bean tacos, try another protein like lentils or tempeh.
- To make these tacos vegan, try using avocado in place of the queso fresco!
- Try turning this recipe into a burrito! Add lettuce or spinach, and use a large flour tortilla to wrap it up!
- 1½ cups cooked black beans (rinsed and drained if from a can)
- ⅔ cup water
- ½ tsp onion powder and oregano, each
- ¼ tsp cumin, salt, and black pepper, each
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- ¾ cup corn kernels
- ¾ cup radish, diced (3-4 radishes)
- ¼ cup minced cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inches wide)
- 3 oz queso fresco cheese, crumbled
- In a medium sauce pan, mix together all of the seasoned black bean ingredients. Simmer without a lid until the mixture is starting to thicken and loose moisture, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and it will continue to thicken as it cools.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients for the salsa. Set aside.
- Heat corn tortillas according to package directions. I like to char them over an open flame on a gas stove.
- Fill each tortilla with about 3 TBS black beans. Top with about 3 TBS salsa and 1-2 TBS cheese. Serve with a chips and salsa and cold margarita!
Recipe inspired by Naturally Ella. This recipe was shared at This is How We Roll, Healthy Happy Green and Natural, Full Plate Thursday, The Weekend Potluck, and the Sugar and Spice Link up!